CHRISTMAS NAIL WRAPS - SNOWFLAKE SPARKLERS
CHRISTMAS NAIL WRAPS - SNOWFLAKE SPARKLERS
Each set comes with 14 to16 nail wraps, enough for one full manicure!
How To Apply Red Barn Nail Wraps
Red Barn nail wraps are the fastest, easiest way to get the perfect manicure at home. The are completely self-adhesive and don't require any heat to activate. Start with clean hands, choose the right size for your nail, stick it, make sure it is on snug by pushing it down with a cuticle pusher or even simply, your finger! File away the excess, and you're all set!
If you'd like to extend the life of your nails from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks, you can apply a top coat (but this is completely optional). With our patented high gloss wraps, your nails will look gorgeous without any top coat required!).
See below for detailed steps 😁
**You can apply our nail wraps onto any type of nail, whether that is a bare nail, polish, gel, Shellac, SNS, or acrylics.
1. Nice Clean Hands
- Sometimes, our nails can have moisturizer, sunscreen, soap, or any number of other things on them that would prevent the wraps from sealing to your nail.
- (This also includes the natural oils on your skin and nails!)
- Give them a quick wash or use an alcohol swab to get them sparkly clean!
2. Choose The Right Size
- Finding the right size of anything can take FOREVER!
- This is why we include a MINIMUM of 14 nail wraps in all of our orders so that you definitely have the right size on hand (I'm sorry I couldn't resist) for each nail.
3. Remove The Clear, Plastic Cover On Each Nail Wrap
- You may not have noticed, but there is a protective plastic cover on the whole set of wraps!
- It’s important to peel them off so that you can then easily peel the nail wrap underneath (which is the next step!), apply it onto your nails, and smoothen it out, following the curve of your nails.
4. Peel The Nail From The Top Side
- Peel your chosen wrap from the top side, this is the side that will get filed away as excess.
- Try not to touch the adhesive to anything before you put it on your nail to keep it as sticky as possible!
- That said, our wraps have some crazy tech in them that lets you stick them down, pull them off, and put them down again (and they're still sticky!) - just in case you want to reposition them on your nail (is it okay that I get really picky about this?).
5. Place The Wrap At Your Cuticle, And Push It Down From There
- Align the bottom of the wrap at, but not on, your cuticle.
- Use a circular motion to press and smooth the wrap into place; start at the cuticle, push down one side, then across the top of the nail, then back up the other side.
- Getting a tight, wrinkle free seal at the tip is the key to making your manicure look perfect and last as long as you want it to.
**If you get a little wrinkle, you can always pull and stretch the wrap a little to get rid of them - check out our tips below!)
6. File Off Any Excess
- Use the included nail file, to file off the excess length (sometimes it's nice to trim it with scissors first, and then use the nail file to get the final finish).
- It is important to only file in a downward motion.
- Don't file side to side or upwards because it stops the wrap sealing with your nail and lets dust and grit under your wrap (this ruins the adhesive so your tips won't stick as well as normal, and so your wraps won't last as long).
- Once you've filed around the tip of your nail, the excess wrap can simply be pulled away with a gentle tug (if it doesn't come away easily, just do a little more of that downward filling!).
- Easy as that!
**If there are any edges left on the nail, smooth them out with the pink side of the nail file (the fine grain). Make sure you file with downward strokes only! 😉
Optional: Top Coat
- Red Barn nail wraps are very glossy straight out of the box.
- If you want to make them even more shiny, or if you want them to last longer than 1-2 weeks, then you can apply a top coat.
- Pro tip: if you apply a top coat, cap your tips to make your wraps seal with your nail even better!
PS: We're a fan of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Top Coat
or Essie Platinum Grade Finish Top Coat 😊
TIPS: How To Make Our Nail Wraps Last Longer
Based on our experience, from testing the wraps ourselves and talking to our customers, we've found a bunch of tips that will help your nail wraps last as long as possible!
Tip #1 - Use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Or Essie Platinum Grade Finish Top Coats (As Mentioned Above!)
- You can also use your favorite coat but please avoid using any quick- dry products as this will make your natural nails dry out faster - we definitely don't want that!
- Top coats are also super useful as they bump up our lasting power from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks 💅
Tip #2 - Use A Base Coat Before Applying The Nail Wraps To Protect The Nails And Help Them Adhere Better
- This may also help if you have oily nail beds.
- Note: Avoid using a top coat as a base coat because it's thicker and takes longer to dry.
- We like Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat or Sally Hansen Hard as Nails for the base coats.
Tip #3 - It Is Best To Wait At Least Six Hours Before Submerging Your Hands In Hot Water, To Let The Wraps Adhere Better In The Long Run
- Hot water may affect the adhesiveness of the wraps if the wraps are exposed to it too early, so they may not stay on as well!
- So, please be mindful of hot water so that your wraps remain perfect right from the time of application!
Tip #4 - The Extra Effort
- Something that some people do to take really good care of their nail wraps is to wear gloves when washing the dishes and using medium-temperature water instead of burning-hot water when showering
- Some sunscreens contain similar ingredients to some nail polish removers. Consider protecting your nails with a top coat prior to applying sunscreen or wearing some gloves.
- This little bit of extra effort really helps to keep your wraps always looking super perfect, and lasting as long as possible!
- HOW TO REMOVE NAIL WRAPS
Process # 1 - Using Nail Polish Remover
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton buds / tissue
- Cuticle pusher (just in case!)
Take a very small amount of cotton bud and soak it in the nail polish remover
Place this on each of your nails (we do one hand at a time)
Wait a little bit of time for the nail polish remover to work its magic (be patient and the wrap will slide off smoothly - 3-5 minutes usually does the trick!)
Push down on the cotton pad from your cuticle towards the end of the nail, and the wrap should slide off in one movement with no rubbing or damage to your nail. If they do stick, you can gently push the wrap off with a cuticle pusher (always push away from your nail bed so you don’t risk damaging your nail if you slip)
Pro Tip: nail polish remove can make your nails a little bit dry - so we recommend moisturizing your hands after this process.